No. Under federal laws enforced by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, it is illegal for an employer to make an employment decision based on an employee’s age. This includes basing assignments or promotions on assumptions or stereotypes about an employee’s age. If the employer requires employees to take a
- What is an “at will” work state?
- My employer does not pay mileage reimbursement when I drive my own car.
- What is the California law on overtime pay?
- I am scared to report sexual harassment because I fear that I will be retaliated against by my employer. What should I do?
- Can temps file discrimination lawsuits?