CAN A COMPANY FIRE YOU FOR NO REASON? The short answer is yes. In California employment is considered to be “at will” which means that you can be fired at any time with or without cause and for no reason. There are some exceptions to this general rule, however.
- What is an “at will” work state?
- My employer does not pay mileage reimbursement when I drive my own car.
- What is the California law on overtime pay?
- I am scared to report sexual harassment because I fear that I will be retaliated against by my employer. What should I do?
- Can temps file discrimination lawsuits?