CA Employment Law FAQ

Category: Employment Labor Law FAQ

What can I do if I was wrongfully terminated?

In California, if you were wrongfully terminated, you can file a complaint with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) within one year of the violation; otherwise, you may lose your right to pursue legal action. You will then receive a right-to-sue letter from the department and have one

Read More »

What are the time limits for filing a sexual harassment claim?

In order to file a suit for sexual harassment, the victim must file an administrative claim with the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) and/or the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The statute of limitations for filing a sexual harassment claim with the DFEH is one year

Read More »

What are the signs of age discrimination in the workplace?

There are a number of ways age discrimination can manifest in the workplace. One sign is when older employees are being fired or offered buyouts while younger people are being hired. Another sign of age discrimination is when an older worker is repeatedly treated poorly or given an unappealing duty.

Read More »

We use cookies to improve your experience and provide personalized content. By continuing to use our site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and our use of cookies as described in our Cookie Policy.