What can I do if I was wrongfully terminated?

In California, if you were wrongfully terminated, you can file a complaint with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) within one year of the violation; otherwise, you may lose your right to pursue legal action. You will then receive a right-to-sue letter from the department and have one year from that date to file a complaint in state court.

If you believe you were wrongfully terminated, meaning, terminated because you were discriminated against or retaliated against for complaining about an illegal action, you should try to contact an experienced and reputable employment attorney. The attorney can assist you in evaluating you legal rights and discussing your legal options.

Other Employment Law FAQs:

Like this article?

Share on facebook
Share on Facebook
Share on twitter
Share on Twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Linkdin
Share on pinterest
Share on Pinterest

Request an Employment Law Consultation Call Back

We use cookies to improve your experience and provide personalized content. By continuing to use our site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and our use of cookies as described in our Cookie Policy.