A car accident can be extremely disruptive to your life. In addition to damages to your vehicle, an accident can cause serious bodily injuries that can take time to recover from. Injuries can lead to missed time from work and costly medical bills.
California is a fault-based motor vehicle accident state. If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident, you have the right to hire a personal injury attorney to get the compensation you deserve. Windsor Troy has a strong track record of helping injury victims recover full and fair compensation.
Car Accident Injuries
While car accidents often cause minor injuries, they can cause a host of more serious injuries including:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – This happens when the brain suffers a damaging blow to the head causing long-term disability. Car accidents are the foremost cause of TBI.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Car accident impacts can cause spinal cord injuries leading to partial or total paralysis.
- Back Injuries – When the body sustains heavy impacts, back injuries can happen. The effects can be long-lasting.
- Burns – Fires that occur because of a car accident can cause injury to the skin. Serious burns often require skin grafting.
- Internal Injuries – Car accidents can force a body into an object, or cause damage from flying debris resulting in internal organ damage.
- Broken Bones and Fractures – It’s is common to suffer broken bones, pelvis, and ribs in a car accident.
- Loss of Limbs or Amputation – Appendages can be severed in a car accident or suffer enough damage to need a surgical amputation.
- Whiplash – Injury to the soft tissue of the neck can happen if you are in a car accident. Even low-speed crashes can cause whiplash when wearing a seatbelt.
- PTSD – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder can develop after a car accident requiring mental health treatment.
What You Should Do After an Accident
- Get to a Safe Place
- Call the Authorities
- Get the Medical Help You Need
- Contact Windsor Troy Personal Injury Attorneys
When you contact Windsor Troy, we can help you understand your rights, assist you in filing a claim for damages, and negotiate on your behalf.
How long do you have to file a claim?
You have two years to file a lawsuit against the offending party when you are in a car accident. If you are including a government entity as a party, you have six months to file. You must file your suit within two years to make the statute of limitations. If a child is involved, you have two years from that child’s 18th birthday to file a personal injury claim.
In what way can we sue insurance companies?
Compensation can be awarded following the specifics of each case. We can help you prove your case and get compensation for your damages. You could receive damages for:
- Pain and Suffering
- Punitive Damages
- Medical Expenses
- Property Damage
- Lost Wages
Why Do You Need a Lawyer?
When you have been in a car accident that has caused you injury, it’s important to hire a knowledgeable personal injury attorney. A firm like Windsor Troy can assess the evidence and gather all the facts of the case. Working with an investigator, we work to establish that another driver caused the accident and injuries due to negligent behavior. With the help of medical experts and financial professionals, we can establish the extent of your injuries and determine the costs into the future.
We often don’t need to go to trial, settlement agreements can be worked out to help you recover from the accident. They navigate the insurance coverage, determine benefit limits, and handle claims adjuster conversations. If your case does go to court, your Windsor Troy attorney can represent you to demand you receive the maximum compensation. You take care of yourself and heal from your injuries while we take care of the rest.
Call Windsor Troy Today
Contact Windsor Troy immediately if you were in an accident and suffered injuries. We need to evaluate your case and start working for you as soon as possible. Get your complimentary assessment today by contacting Windsor Troy.
Why Choose Windsor Troy?
Our attorneys are experienced and passionate about protecting the rights of our clients. We are a team of qualified personal injury attorneys with over 250 years of combined legal experience and millions recovered for our clients. We take the burdens off your shoulders and help you get back on your feet and on with your life. Windsor Troy proudly serves Los Angeles, San Jose, and Ontario with more locations coming soon.